I feel like being random again tonight, and I also have a few different “thoughts” to share……so how about Random Thoughts for tonights topic. Heck, I might make this a regular Sunday evening post. It is always when I begin reflecting back at the weeks events. Does everyone do this?? it seems cliche, but I really do it. hmmmm….
1. Cold / flu / H1N1 / Swine /pneumonia…..not sure what it was exactly, but I had it. NO FUN !!! this began last Sunday and just about mid week when I thought I was too tough to be sick and in bed, I let my guard down and worked in the salon, cleaned my house, yeah, all the stuff I had no business doing!!!! needless to say, on Thursday I ran a relatively high temp and was down for a few more days…which took me into ANOTHER weekend!! arrgghhhhhh. Well, I am done now. DONE DONE DONE. I have no time for this non-sense. But word to the wise??? if you get “it” whatever it is, take 5 days minumum off and you will be days ahead in the end, trust me.
2. Apples: A friend of mine told me to eat some apples. Interesting. Ya know, an apple a day……. yeah, well, I did venture out to the store and found some apples. I am not usually a real fan of apples, but I came across a variety I did not know existed. Ambrosia. Have you heard of them?? I had not, but then again, I am not looking for apples too often. I found these at Hy-Vee and a great big endorsement by Leslie Sansone. Yep, SOLD. I used to spend alot of time with Leslie in my smarter (and skinnier) days. If she likes them, then I am sure I will. Yep, I did . If they are available where you live, you ought to try them. Not overly juicy, but crisp and very sweet and I am going to TRY to start each day with one now.
3. Family Reunions: Plan them. Attend them. I can not stress this enough. I always envisioned this HUGE gigantic reunion, like a park somewhere, ya know, like you read about in Family Circle?? maybe each family has a special colored shirt to wear?? ok. back to reality. Ours are getting smaller and smaller. Bums me out. Being mid life orphans that my sisters and I are, this seems especially important to us. It is my Dads side that we planned todays reunion for, and out of 7 siblings, there are only 3 left, and they are aging. The youngest of those 3, now has breast cancer. We had an intimate group in attendance, but it was nice, and the highlight of my weekend. I could have spent the afternoon not uttering a word, but instead just observing from a distance. Seeing my dads siblings that so much resemble him in looks and mannerisms , and then their adult children, looking more and more like their parents etc etc…you know all those things that just make your heart feel good. It was a little glimpse of what is, what used to be, and what might still be. It felt good to my sisters and I, and my parents would be so proud of our effort.
4. Now is a great time to shop for a Halloween costume!! ok, not that I did that as I did NOT NOT NOT !!! I would like to say I don’t “do” Halloween, but with kids, I have. BUT…..how about Halloween to repurposed Christmas decor??? yeah, now is a good time to shop for that. 🙂 I found a VERY black barren tree intended for Halloween decor Maybe perfect to hang tiny ghost or goblins from? who knows. But YIKES, the original price was $24, then marked down half price ( $12 ) then down to $8 and finally? 75% off of that. Yes, I bought this scary looking tree for $2. !!!!!! I have some very nice muted brown spray paint in my basement that will transform it into a beautiful (but barren) branchy tree, it will be our beautiful centerpiece for Thanksgiving day. 🙂 maybe with tiny leaves strung to it. How pretty, all from an overpriced eerie looking BLACK tree that no one seemed to want!!!!
5. One quote to leave you with tonight. I have heard from many this week on a personal level, tossing and turning about what everyone ELSE thinks they should do on a particular dilemma. I have tried very hard and pride myself in doing what works for ME (or “us” as in my family) it may or may not be how others do it, but you have to do what feels right for YOU !!!!! (of course, within reason) and I am in no way saying I do not take suggestions. Remember, I had 4 sisters, we are VERY free with advise, and usually it is good advise and welcomed. But sometimes, you just have to go with your gut instincts.
Here it is…..
“If you always do what interests YOU, atleast one person is always pleased”
Thanks for listening to me ramble. 🙂