ok. This could get some controversial responses, or none at all, but regardless, it is MY blog and it is MY thoughts for the day.
I have the perfect case of OVERPARENTING.
Some casual reading the other night brought me to a new devise soon to be on the market.
“Protector by Taser”
My first thoughts is “Taser” ????!!!!! does anyone need a devise to track their own children with the word TASER in it??? nope, I think not.
This devise will do the following:
1) Intercepts each of your childs text messages, allowing you to “approve” it before your child sees it. (does the same for voicemails, picture messages etc etc)
2) allows you to APPROVE of all contacts they are able to interract with, and disapprove and block the ones you choose.
3) Controls all incoming and outgoing calls on your childs phone, through your phone, Mac, or PC.
4) Gives you the ability to INTERRUPT any or all of their calls, with the option to drop those calls if you feel the need, or better yet?? allows you to listen in!!!!!!!!!!.
5) built in GPS feature, so you can track where your child has been, is traveling, and the speed they are driving to get there. Their speedometer will actually show up on YOUR phone or computer.
6) ability to disable their cell phone as soon as they start their car, yet enable it when they are a passenger in another car.
Trust me, the list goes on and on and on…….there is a 9 minute video to watch on their website. The icing on the cake was when they mentioned something like “Without owning Protector by Taser, you have CHOSEN to not be an involved parent”
Are you kidding me???????
I want to see what these manipulated and controlled children grow up to be like??? or what they are doing when they are 18 and turned free into the world !!!!!!!! I am all about safety of your precious children, and genuine concern. Obviously. But this is OVER THE TOP !!!!!!!!!!!
I may live in small town Iowa, but I can not think this kind of CONTROL is good for either parents OR kids, anywhere. Is it??
How about a little “faith” and “confidence” in your children instead. Guiding them what is right and what is wrong along the way? That is how I was raised.
Did I learn lessons the hard way? are my own children learning in this same manner? yes. But yet kept at a reasonable distance from harms way through good old fashioned parenting.
But those lessons in the “school of hard knocks” have the most impact. Sorry, but they do.
I typically do not worry “too much” about all the horrible dangers and weirdos in the world, as I am honestly confident my kids have good heads on their shoulders.
I just have to think this sort of complete control and manipulation is very UNhealthy all the way around.
I have seen many kids suffering form all sorts of OVERPARENTING, and it can be a very unhealthy situation.
I was once told by a very wise person, your role as a parent is to GUIDE them, and work towards successfully ultimately letting them GO.
This would NOT be the way to do it, in my opinion.
Do you not agree? an open forum, all comments (in a tactful manner) are more than welcome.